Gray has gotten really popular this year. It’s fun to work with, and really versatile. It can be any color in between black and white, and can also encompass hues with blues, pinks, greens, etc. So matching the right gray can be hard, but it’s such a good starting point when decorating.
It is a good basic to use when decorating with color. Here are some fun ways to incorporate gray in your decorating schemes.
1. Paint your walls a light grey, then add lots of color to that room to brighten it up.
2. Paint an accent wall with a darker gray, and use a lot of white, and other colors to tie it in.
3. Have gray accents, like an accent chair, curtains, or a gray rug, then you can use color on your walls, or in your accessories.
4. You can use a palette of grays, and use all different colors of gray, it’ll create a soothing feel.
5. Tie a mismatched room together with soft grays, it can be a nice go between, especially when you are updating your style.
6. Use grays that have patterns; floral, geometric, striped or soft patterns.
7. Use metallics, particularly silver, these work extremely well with grays to dress them up and add a bit of sparkle! This could be introduced in fabrics, accessories or a feature wallpaper.